This is a something that I just threw together one day when I didn’t know what else to make, and I didn’t have a lot in the pantry/fridge. It was an instant hit with Hubby (it’s got bacon and pasta. Nuff said).
It goes together really quickly, and freezes well.
- 250g bacon, diced (either pre-diced or DIY)
- 440g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (ish – this is an approximate measurement)
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- herbs, salt & pepper as per preference
- Oil pan and cook onions until translucent. Add garlic and bacon and cook until bacon is browned.
- Add tinned tomatoes and tomato paste, and herbs/salt & pepper. Cook for a few minutes, then serve with your choice of pasta.
I use 1 full packet of dry pasta to go with this (500g packet), and freeze pasta & sauce in single serve containers.