These are great for breakfast on the go! I think the next time I make them I’ll make a few changes – more salsa, and more cheese. And maybe some taco mince. They weren’t as salsa-ish as I’d hoped, but they still taste great, particularly heated with some butter.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup creamed corn (this was approx 2/3 of a 400g-ish tin. I will get the smaller tin next time and just use the whole thing)
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl (I didn’t bother sifting, I was lazy). Make a well in the centre and add butter, milk, eggs and creamed corn. Mix until just combined. Fold in cheese and salsa.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases. Bake for 20-22 mins or until golden and firm to touch (this took 25mins in my oven). Stand for 5mins before turning out onto a rack to cool.
Recipe from Super Food Ideas magazine, February 2013.