Hey, so I’ve already done this in the last 6 months (see my original post here), so I won’t be nominating people again, but I’ll answer the questions put to me by Space to Babble (thank you for the nomination my dear!).
My 11 facts:
- I have spent the better part of the last 8 years dying my blonde hair red (because I got bored of being a blonde, then I liked how it looked and it was too much effort to turn it back), but when I decided to go back to being my natural colour, I went the drastic route – I did Shave for a Cure, and cut all my hair down to a #1 in March this year.
- I have had an insane amount of trouble deciding what I wanted to do ‘when I grow up’, because I’m interested in so many things!
- Everyone calls me a crazy cat lady, but I only have 1 cat… though, he is my fur baby! And I guess I would have more if we could afford it
- I am ambidextrous – my handwriting is better with my right hand purely because that’s how I was taught to write at school. I do everything else with whichever hand is easier. My left/right perception is a little screwy because of it though
- I’ve never had a job I hated. I’ve always enjoyed my jobs, and I’m still not sure if it’s just because I’ve been lucky and gotten good jobs with nice people, or because that’s just how I am…
- I have little patience for idiots or people who waste my time or stuff me around. I also tend to bottle things up. Which has basically given me the reputation of “You DO NOT want to see her get properly mad”. Very few people have seen me in a proper, full-blown rage, and apparently it’s scary. The people who haven’t seen it don’t believe that someone who (quote) “Is so nice and understanding” could actually get that mad… The ones who HAVE seen it just tell them to hope that they never do!
- I hate the actual process of moving (like packing and unpacking), but I quite like the actual experience of living in a new place – like learning to navigate the area, finding the little shops and stuff, checking out your local library, etc.
- The technology in our house is neatly split – I have all Apple stuff, and Hubby has Windows/Android. Neither of us will use the other’s technology unless there is no other option.
- I love camping, and wish we could do it more often – hopefully, we’ll be able to with Hubby’s new job.
- I tend to binge-watch TV shows, rather than actually watching them week-to-week – somehow, I always seem to miss them when they’re actually on TV, but then I’ll sit down on the holidays and watch all 10 or 12 episodes that I’ve missed.
- I love cooking and crafting – my favourite sort of procrastination is procrastibaking.
Answers to the 11 questions:
- What made you decide to start blogging?
It was something I’d been thinking about for a while, and one day I just decided that if I didn’t just start, I’d keep over-thinking it. I wanted to connect with other people, and doing it online is far easier than in real life. I also wanted to share things I’ve learned, and bits and pieces about me and my life, have rants about things – without them being seen by people who I necessarily know in real life. (Only a few people know I blog, and only 1 of them actually knows my blogger name. That sounds really weird when I write it out, but I think a lot of other bloggers would understand… Maybe I’ll change my mind later, but because I talk about things that happen in my life, the anonymity is as much for the sake of my family as it is for me.)
- What is your current favourite song?
I don’t really have one – I’m rather enjoying The Script’s new album (No Sound Without Silence) and GRL’s song Ugly Heart, but my favourite song really depends on how I’m feeling at the time.
- An object you cherish
I have a ceramic figurine that you wind up and it plays music while the figurine turns – it’s a girl in a pink ballgown, and it was made for me when I was a baby by a great-aunt who was essentially an extra grandmother (she had no grandkids of her own, so she sort of adopted me and my sister). It’s funny, because the dress on the figurine looks a lot like the dress I had for my school formal.
- Top 5 favourite books?
This will be series as well, because otherwise the list would have more than 5 books… Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Wheel of Time, Going Postal, The Dark Tower. I have too many favourite books, these are just the ones I thought of first, off the top of my head.
- What do you like to do to pass the time?
I read, listen to music, and knit/crochet – usually at the same time haha. I need to keep my brain and my hands busy! I also like gaming, but I have to be in the right mood for it.
- Name 3 superpowers you would have if you could choose
Flying, super speed, invisibility
- You’re writing the screenplay for a horror movie, where is it set?
At a university – a House of Horrors if I’ve ever seen one 🙂
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I’m not 100% sure – I’ve never really been anywhere except around Australia – but I’ve always loved the little old whitewashed houses you get in the country in the UK, and I would totally live in one of them… My more ‘realistic’ option is somewhere like the Adelaide Hills.
- If you could date any celebrity, who would it be?
Ummmmm not really sure… Most of the actors I like are twice my age and already married! Hahaha
- Favourite drink?
Tea (all kinds)
- Who inspires you?
Anyone who goes after their dreams, even when people or circumstances try to hold them back.