This is how I used one of the enormous zucchini I got this month.
It’s a fairly easy one to make, and it tastes good. It’s great to have in the fridge for lunches.
You can make it as a slice, or in muffin tins for easy pre-portioned serves. The other benefit of making it in a muffin tray is that all of the pieces have nice crispy cheesy edges 🙂 I made this batch in a slice pan because my muffin pans were in use at the time.
*Edit* I ended up eating all of this, Hubby didn’t have a single piece. He’s not a big fan of quiche-like things, so I guess he didn’t even bother trying it. Wuss.
- 4 bacon rashers, diced
- 4-5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup grated cheese, plus extra to sprinkle on top
- 1 cup SR flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease baking pan or muffin tray.
- Fry bacon until browned and slightly crispy. Cool slightly.
- Combine bacon, zucchini, carrot, cheese, and flour in a bowl. Add eggs and milk, and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and level the surface. Bake for 30 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean and the cheese is nicely browned. Stand in pan for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
These will also freeze well 🙂 It’s easy to make these vegetarian, by leaving out the bacon.