The other week, I went out for Thai with my Mum. We had this FANTASTIC yellow curry, and while I was shopping this week I saw that the yellow curry paste was on special so I decided to grab it and have a go at making it myself.
I know that’s not a very pretty picture, but it’s the only one I remembered to take.
Serves: 6 (ish)
- 250g chicken breast, cubed
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 5 small potatoes, in 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup bok choy, chopped
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 300ml can coconut milk (or cream if you want a thicker sauce)
- 1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
- Preheat a wok with a dash of oil and just brown the chicken, then put aside.
- Cook onion until just beginning to go translucent, then add carrot and potato.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, then add the curry paste and stir through.
- Cook for a few minutes, until veges are coated and curry paste is fragrant.
- Add the bok choy and stir through, then add coconut milk, chicken and stock cube.
- Stir so everything is covered, lightly pat down any bits that are sticking up above the liquid and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for about 25mins, or until the potato is cooked through.
Serve over rice.
Hubby even gave this a good mark, so it’s not an overly hot curry. If you like your curries very hot, you might want to add some chilli or whatever.